Saturday, May 30, 2015

On Blogging.

I blog at work, as part of my job and therefore, I get paid to blog at work. But writing my own blog seems to be the last thing I want to do or think of doing. Mind you, I love to write and even enjoy typing. The stumbling block is what to write about? At work, it's easier to think of topics and then find content to share/curate. But personally, what does one write about? Their children? Their pets? Their hobbies? Cooking? Travel? Fashion? Random ramblings? I guess all of these. But isn't the internet already full of these things? Who needs another blog about your pets or kids? Do you really need my family recipe for apple pie? Probably not. I don't have super strong feelings about things that I'd write about on the public www. I'm not interested in writing my deepest darkest secrets on the public www. So there isn't much for me TO blog about. As you can see from my couple of random posts over the last couple of years, I don't write often and I don't have any earth-shattering stories or opinions to share. But I still feel the need "TO BLOG." It's part of my job tasks at my paid employment, it's part of being a social media "guru" that I want to be. So I make these feeble attempts to string together a blog post every once in a blue moon. And now I've just written a blog post about writing blog posts. What is the point of all this?

No comments:

Post a Comment